|Software Developer - ArcGis|
THE RPS DIFFERENCE
RPS is a global, multi-disciplinary energy and environmental consultancy, employing over 5,000 people in the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, the United States, Canada, Brazil, Australia and Asia. We provide independent integrated technical, commercial, project management and training support in the fields of geoscience, engineering and HS&E.
Our aim is to help clients gain access to and develop resources across the complete life-cycle, combining our technical and commercial skills with an extensive knowledge of environmental and safety issues. We operate at the cutting edge of new and developing technologies in the upstream through downstream sectors working in partnership with energy companies of all shapes and sizes as well as providing transaction advice to the financial services sector.
Our services lines include:
· Energy Infrastructure
· Built & Natural Environment
As the world around us changes, RPS responds by developing a range of its own services. We have a unique group of talented staff who operate in multi-disciplinary teams providing creative and cost effective solutions for the problems our clients face.
WHAT’S ENTAILED IN THE ROLE
RPS ASA is currently seeking a Software Developer with 3 or more years of experience developing Windows Forms applications and ArcGIS Desktop Addins. The successful candidate will work with a team creating new software and services for the U. S. Coast Guard’s Search and Rescue mission. In addition, provide support and maintenance of new and existing software, writing code primarily in C#.
WHAT’S NEEDED TO SUCCEED
· 3+ years of intensive experience working with C#
· Experience developing with ArcGIS, ArcObjects
· Experience with the full development life-cycle, from analysis through delivery
· Excellent problem solving skills, detail-oriented
· Must be able to learn new skills quickly and independently
· Must be able to take ownership of tasks
· BS / BA in computer or engineering related field is required
WHAT’S OFFERED IN RETURN
RPS employs enthusiastic, talented staff with a unique blend of skills and experience, which allows us to attract and retain individuals with outstanding qualifications and industry expertise. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Health, dental and prescription insurance plans (100% of employee premiums are paid by the Company)
· Long and short term disability insurance
· Sick pay and vacation pay
· Retirement planning 401(K)
· Share purchase plan
We use E-Verify
Would you like to apply to this job?